Thursday, January 3, 2013

WIP: Abalone Shell


I'm currently working on a gorgeous Abalone Shell summer top by Kira Dulaney, published in the Spring 2010 edition of Interweave Crochet.

I'm completing this project using Moda Vera Gardenia (75% Acrylic and 25% Viscose derived from Bamboo) in purple. I originally purchased 300g, based on how many metres of yarn were required to make the top as specified in the pattern and how many meters were in each ball of my chosen yarn, but I have used it all up and the top is too short! My local Spotlight has no more in stock and I'm told that this is a discontinued yarn... Nevertheless Spotlight are chasing down a couple more balls of this yarn for me. Phew, I didn't realise until now that this is something that Spotlight do for their customers but I'm rather thankful and relieved that they do it.

So far the pattern has been fairly easy to follow despite being quite intricate. There was one misprint in the magazine but the correction can be found on Interweave Crochet's website. I also found I needed the pattern close by for reference as the stitches change from round to round.

This Work in Progress has been put aside for the moment whilst Spotlight hunt down the last few balls of my discontinued yarn *sigh* but should be continued in the near future. I hope to show off my finished Abalone Shell top soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)