Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cactus Flower Scarf



This lovely scarf is one of the crochet projects that brought my knitting to a halt. When I opened my Winter 2010 edition of Interweave Crochet I couldn't resist this Cactus Flower Scarf by Edie Eckman.

I've completed this project using Moda Vera Merino (100% Merino Wool) in grey and pink, 100g of each. When substituting with this yarn I again used the wpi yarn substitution method, along with matching the hook size and yarn type.

The pattern was easy to understand despite being quite involved. After completing a couple of squares I found I could stop checking the pattern every 10 seconds, however I still needed it close by for reference.

I'm thrilled with the outcome. I love having at a completed project that looks like the picture presented in the pattern!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really pretty scarf. I like the design and your color choices.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)