Sunday, February 3, 2013

Trellis Vest


This week I created a cute little Trellis Vest. This pattern was created by Kristen TenDyke and published in the Fall 2012 edition of Interweave Crochet.

Delicate crochet lace is reined in with a deep single crochet through the back loop only ribbed waist for a versatile vest that adds a touch of femininity to anything you wear. This easy crochet vest comes in eight sizes and is a great beginner crochet pattern (Interweave Crochet).

I completed this project using 150g of Moda Vera Gardenia (75% Acrylic and 25% Viscose derived from Bamboo) in Burgandy (#0028).

The pattern requires some concentration and I found that I needed it close by for reference as the stitches for the lace pattern change from row to row but it is fairly straightforward to follow and the stitch pattern easy to memorise. I did however have some trouble obtaining the correct gauge. I found that the hook size that obtained the right gauge for the lace section was too small for the ribbed section. I went with a 5mm hook thinking that it would obtain a gauge as close as possible to that stated for both sections of the pattern. Though if I made this again with similar yarn I would use a 5.5 or 6mm hook to obtain a wider/longer waistband.

Overall this was a fun, quick and easy project to create :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a message :-)